Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saffran - Kebab Burger







Saffran is located in a plaza across the street from the Florida Mall. It has an Indian or Middle Eastern flare and is focused on being Healthy and Inexpensive. Their Facebook page states “SAFFRAN offers healthy, fresh, exotic, robust, flavorful and inexpensively priced food to “spice your soul and body”. We choose only quality ingredients, preferably from local producers, and all bread is baked using only barley, spelt and whole wheat. We use practically no sugar (only very limited in the desserts), no white flour, no frying and no MSG”.
The ATMOSPHERE…Clean and spacious, tastefully decorated, some outdoor seating is available.
The SERVICE… Order at the counter and they bring it to you. The staff is very friendly and will be more then happy to help you decide what to order. (As I was there I noticed they were helping most of the customers, probably because there are no other restaurants that offer this style of food).
The FOOD… Safflats (similar to a pizza), Tandoori, Naanwiches, Salads and Burgers.
Being the Burger Lover that I am I decided to go with the Kebab Burger (Beef and Lamb, Frisee salad, Tomatoes, Parmesan, Yogurt sauce and Chili sambal - $5.95) I also had a Fresh salad (Shiraz Salad, Pumpkin Seeds and Emperor’s dressing - $1.75) and a Wildberry Skyr Mousse (Icelandic traditional Skyr in great companionship with fried almonds - $1.55)
The burger came out and I was delighted by the presentation. It was served open faced on their bun, which was baked fresh and reminded me of a cross between Pita and Naan. The flavors of the toppings mixed beautifully and made for a really interesting and delicious Burger. Combined with the salad and the dessert I spent less then $10, and I was very fulfilled. I highly recommend checking this place out.
Saffran on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment