Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hummus House

I am never in this area, but I had a Doctor’s appointment on that side of town as well as a Groupon that I had purchased almost a year ago that was about to expire so I decided to give Hummus House a try.




After finding the location and walking in to what seemed like an empty building, someone came up front from the back to take my order.


I had previously checked out the menu online so I already knew what I wanted.
I had the Veggie Falafel Pita (Falafel, Greens, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onions, Tahini Dressing, Roasted Garlic Hummus $6.19) and on the side I got the Guacamole Hummus (Traditional Hummus blended with Avocado and homemade Pico De Gallo served with Pita Chips $2.99)


The Guacamole Hummus was just OK. I could have made it just as good at home in my Food Processor, however the Pita Chips alone made it completely worthwhile.
They were thick and fried to a crisp, and were seasoned nicely.


The Veggie Falafel Pita was decent, a little on the dry side but overall good.
My friend had ordered the Traditional Gyro Pita, and I secretly wished that I had ordered that one because he said it was really good.
Doubtful that I will make the trek back to that side of town just for Pita Chips, but if you are in that area they are pretty good.



Hummus House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment