Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pine Twenty 2 - The 22







Pine Twenty 2 is a “Build your own Burger” spot that sits on the corner of Pine and Orange in “The Plaza” block of downtown Orlando.
The ATMOSPHERE… Plenty of open seating is available in the large modernly furnished and decorated space.
The SERVICE… Select a clipboard and fill out a checklist of what you want on your Burger. Once you pay you are given a number, you find a seat, and they will bring your food to the table.
The FOOD… You must make a selection in all of the following categories…
#1 Type of Burger (ex. 100% Angus Beef 5 oz. or 8 oz., Black Bean, Turkey)
#2 Bun (ex. English Muffin, Herb Foccacia, Texas Toast or Salad)
#3 Cheese (ex. Blue, Goat, Fontina, Pepper Jack, Sharp Cheddar, Feta)
#4 Sauce (ex. Basil Pesto, Mango Chutney, Peanut Butter, Ranch, Honey Mustard)
#5 Toppings (ex. Charred Pineapple, Pickles, Roasted Red Peppers, Sprouts)
#6 Premium Toppings $1 Extra (ex. Bacon, Avocado, Ham, Fried Egg)
I have been to Pine 22 a handful of times. What I love about the place is the fact that there are so many choices for your Burger, in fact I have never been anywhere that even comes close to offering this many possibilities. If customizing your Burger with imaginative toppings and quality ingredients to create a unique and delicious meal appeals to you then go there right away and don’t read any further.
Even the smallest Beef or Turkey Burger (5 oz.) starts at $6.95. If you wanted an 8 oz. patty then it jumps to $8.75. Then add $1 for any premium toppings, extra cheese, or if you wanted it on a salad rather then on a bun. Feel like adding fries? That will be an extra $2.75. Finally add a drink for another $2. What I am getting at is that by the time you have created your “customized” meal you could be looking at $14 - $17. Now also keep in mind that Pine Twenty 2 is located in the heart of Downtown Orlando so there will also be some sort of Parking Fee. I lucked out and found a meter that already had some time on it, but I still had to put in an additional 50 cents to allow for my lunchtime.
While flipping to the back side of the menu I saw that they offered several pre-fabricated “Combos” that already had the selections picked out for you and included your choice of Sweet potato fries OR Pine fries. I decided to select the #2 Combo which was THE 22 (1/2 lb Deepcreek Ranch Grass Fed Beef, Sautéed Mushrooms, Charred Onions, Smoked Bacon, Blue Cheese, with Sweet Potato Fries - $10) Had I made all of these selections individually it would have come to $13.50 so I felt this was a good deal (and it sounded delicious as well).
My friend and I ordered together, but our Burgers came out at different times. I noticed that this was happening at both of the other tables that were in there as well. I only bring this up because it was a little awkward eating my Burger while he was just sitting there, and it was a long enough time where if I hadn’t then my food would have gotten cold. I feel like Pine Twenty 2 has been open now for long enough that this shouldn’t be happening.
Now on to the actual taste of my Burger…. It was delicious! Perfectly cooked high quality Beef, crisp thick Bacon, creamy melted Blue Cheese combined with just the right amount of Onions and Mushrooms making each bite a mouthful of happiness.
My only complaint on flavor is that both the Burger AND the Sweet Potato Fries were a bit too salty. I feel that with the way people are so health conscience these days that a little less sodium would appeal to the masses, and no flavor would have to be sacrificed.
By going to Pine Twenty 2 you will most likely get a delicious Burger, however even though they offer a punch card (purchase six Burgers and the seventh is free) I still feel that it is a little too expensive, especially since there are so many cheaper ways to go out there that taste just as good.

Pine Twenty 2 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment