Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Maple Street Biscuit Company


Knowing that I had an event to attend in Jacksonville I checked out Urbanspoon to see what the latest restaurant craze was, and all I kept reading was review after review that were all raving about Maple Street Biscuit Company!
Although there is now a second location in Jax Beach, I was staying near the original location in the very charming San Marco area.
They are open 7am until 2pm Monday through Saturday (as well as Dinner on Fridays and Saturdays).
The Menu is simple and consists of a variety of Biscuit Sandwiches (all freshly made-to-order) and a few Side Items.
When you place your order they ask you a random question (the day I was there it was “What do you want for Christmas?”) and whatever you answer is what they use to call you when your order is ready. It is little more interesting then simply asking your name, as well as being a good conversation starter.


As for my meal I ordered The Loaded Goat (Flaky Biscuit, all natural Fried Chicken Breast, and Fried Goat Cheese Medallion $6)
This restaurant gets back to simple things done well. The Biscuit was flaky and buttery, the Chicken Breast was crispy and juicy, and the Goat Cheese was tart and creamy. It was perfect blend of flavors and extremely satisfying.


I also got a side of Smokey Mountain Mac-N-Cheese (Five Cheese Baked Macaroni with Cheese Cracker Crust $4).
Although I would have been fine with just the sandwich, far be it from me to not order at least one extra item, especially on my first visit.
The Mac-N-Cheese was creamy and comforting, and the “Cheese Cracker” topping gave it a little crunch and a whole lot of pizzazz.


I see why this place gets such high reviews and the next time I pass through Jacksonville I hope that it is between 7am and 2pm so that I can stop back in for another delicious Biscuit!

Maple Street Biscuit Company on Urbanspoon

1 comment: