Friday, August 15, 2014

Casa Tina



My friends from Tampa love Mexican Food (as do I) and on a recent trip to their house they decided to take me to a restaurant they had recently discovered in Dunedin called Casa Tina. They both swore by it and said that I was going to love it. They know me pretty well because indeed I did.
Located in charming downtown Dunedin, when you walk in to Casa Tina it seems as though it has been a favorite of locals for many years (In fact while we were at the hostess station waiting to be seated we noticed that Hulk Hogan and his family were dining there). The décor is eclectic and there is plenty to look at. I also must state that they have the most uncomfortable chairs I have ever sat in, so try to get a booth if possible.




As with most Mexican restaurants they brought out Chips and Salsa. The Salsa was very fresh and definitely packed a punch.




Then for an appetizer my friends ordered the Wild Mushroom Quesadillas Albanil ($9.95). When it arrived my initial thought was that they had brought out the wrong appetizer, but it was correct. Not looking like what you would expect of a Quesadilla and instead looking more like a Taco, however there were three of them and three of us so we each had one. They were really fresh and tasty.




Then for my entrée I had El Burrito (flour tortilla filled with rice, beans, choice of protein, topped with a mild chipotle salsa, cheese and sour cream $10.95).
This was also served with refried beans and rice. I chose Chicken for my protein, and I must say that it was indeed the right choice. I sometimes question the quality and cuts of Chicken used at certain restaurants, however this Burrito was filled with tender all-white meat and all of the accoutrement that was served with it was top notch as well.



If I found myself in that area again I would gladly return – I would just prefer a booth which would hopefully be a little more comfortable on the back.

Casa Tina on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment