Sunday, August 24, 2014

Maoz Vegetarian



I was excited to hear that the Millenia Mall was getting a Vegetarian Restaurant in their Food Court. I was even more excited to find out that it was going to be a Maoz, which I had heard of in New York City. They specialize in Falafel Sandwiches, Fries (Regular and Sweet Potato) and Salads.
I was also excited to get a notification that there was a Groupon that included 2 $10 vouchers for about $11, so not only was I saving almost 50% but I would also get to enjoy them twice!




So the way it works is first you pick either a Sandwich or a Salad, then they carry it down the line and you can add whatever toppings (Chickpeas, Beets, Tomato/Cucumber Salad, etc) and Sauces (Yogurt Sauce, Tahini Sauce, Garlic Sauce, etc).




My first visit I decided to start with the basics and get a Falafel Sandwich and a side of ½ Regular Fries and ½ Sweet Potato Fries. They asked what toppings I wanted on my sandwich and unsure of myself I added tomato/cucumber salad and roasted broccoli and cauliflower. I also got a couple containers of Tahini Sauce to drizzle over it.




Although the taste was pretty good it was difficult to eat and very messy. I knew that on my next visit I would get a Falafel Salad instead because not only would it be less messy I also felt that you might get more that way.

The Fries were worthless to me. Not crispy at all, and very little flavor. Blah!




My second visit I indeed ordered a Falafel Salad, and this time I did it up right. I added Tabouli, Tomato/Cucumber Salad, Chickpea Salad, Beets and then had them add Tahini Sauce.




This was more like it – all of the flavors that I had liked the first time, and with it being a Salad I definitely felt like the portion was larger.



I also got a side of their Rice Pudding and it was really rich and creamy.



Maoz Vegetarian is slightly pricey, but so is everything in the Food Court so it really falls in line with all of it’s competition. Getting a Falafel Salad is the way to go. I try to avoid Malls, but at least now I know that if I have to be there then I do have somewhere that I can get something decent to eat!

Maoz Vegetarian on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment