Monday, December 29, 2014

Salt Rock Tavern - Tampa



My friends from Tampa took me out to Salt Rock Tavern.
It has a sports bar feel to it, but I feel like most of the people were there for dinner rather then just a drink.



We started looking at the abundant appetizer menu and were finding some interesting sounding things on it when our very friendly waiter pointed out that many of the appetizers were on special for just $5.
With this new information we decided to get three of them.
Coconut Crusted Shrimp
These were quite large and tasty and came served with an orange-ginger dipping sauce.



Tyson’s Makin’ Bacon
(candied nueske bacon with brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne)
Although the taste was good, an order is just three small pieces (each served in a shot glass). I feel like even at this discounted price that there was not enough of it to make it worth it.




Southern Hushpuppies.
This was my favorite of the three appetizers. The adorable little basket was filled with delicious cornbread hushpuppies, and it was accompanied by a pimento cheese fondue for dipping.
I could go back for more of those at any time!




Then for my entrée I ordered the Ybor Burger.
Topped with guava jelly, melted gruyere, potato sticks, nueske bacon and tavern sauce. This was normally $10, but for a $1 upcharge I switched my regular fries to truffle-parmesan fries.



 The fries were good, definitely worth the extra buck, but it was the Burger that shined.

Everything tasted really fresh, and the guava jelly gave it a little sweetness that I was a big fan of.
To be honest it was one of the better burgers that I have had in a while!



Thank You Salt Rock Tavern! You were really delicious!

Salt Rock Tavern on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment