Thursday, May 28, 2015

Kasa - Restaurant and Bar



So I was dining with some friends before we went to the theater and one of them suggested going to Kasa. They had been there before and said it was Tapas style dining with a great happy hour from 5pm until 7pm during the week.




After looking at the menu and talking to our amazing server I decided on a Sangria ($4, delicious) and three small plates (which were at a special happy hour price).




Kasa Corn (miso lime aioli, spices, manchego, queso fresca $4)
These three mini corn cobbs were slathered with cheese and spices and were really flavorful. Regretfully they got stuck in my teeth (as corn on the cobb often does) and there were no toothpicks to be found. Won’t order those again unless I have flossers in the car, but they were really tasty.




Brussels N Bacon (miso bacon, brussels cooked two ways $4)
Although these were well cooked they were really spicy, which was not in the description. I still ate them but they definitely had a kick.



Yuca and Cheese Fondue (crispy yucca, tableside fondue $6)
This was my favorite of the three items. The crispy yucca had a nice seasoning on it, and the cheese fondue (which stayed warm through a votive candle underneath) was delicious (and there was plenty of it).
I could have easily had two orders of it.



Then for dessert I splurged and had the Decadent chocolate Cake (flourless, gluten-free, with orange chantilly cream $8)
This was indeed decadent. It was more of a fudge then a cake and with the orange flavor was absolutely scrumptious. I ate every bite!
Although I feel it is a place that I won’t go very often, if I found myself in the downtown Orlando area again during happy hour times I just might go back!


Kasa Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Kasa - Restaurant and Bar" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites Vegetarian restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete