Friday, June 27, 2014

The Buffet at the Bellagio - Las Vegas


I have always heard that the Bellagio had an outstanding buffet but in all of my trips to Vegas I have never actually tried it. We were there in the beautiful Bellagio enjoying it's many features and decided to give Buffet a try. The line was not bad and the price for two was just under $50.
 I did my scan of the entire buffet before selecting my first item. I was a little surprised at the spread because although there were many items that looked good, I felt that overall it was a little lackluster. Unfortunately they already had two strikes against them - #1 with all of the hype (and the fact of being located in the Bellagio) I had very high expectations, and #2 I had just visited the Wicked Spoon buffet at the Cosmopolitan, which was going to be difficult to surpass.


My first plate was bacon, a cheese blintze, potatoes o'brien, couscous, pesto mashed potatoes and red chicken curry. All pretty good, but the standouts were the pesto potatoes and the bacon.


My next plate was a sampling of four different pastas and some broccolini. All were decent but the standout on this plate was the 5 cheese tortellini with walnut pesto.



When I was talking to one customer at the buffet she mentioned that the butternut squash soup 
was pretty good, so I got a bowl of it on my next trip. She was right on the money because it was really tasty. Thick and velvety (and I don't think I have ever really been able to honestly call a soup "velvety") and actually quite sweet. I added a little salt and pepper to cut the sweetness, making this my favorite dish on the entire buffet.


For my next plate I decided that I should get some salad. Usually while on vacation I eat so decadently and often pass by the salad bar, so I figured that it would be a good idea. I got a portion of their pre made kale salad (Wicked Spoon's is much better), a piece of veggie sushi, a little salad from the salad bar and of course some more bacon. Afterwards I was very glad that I had opted for this plate.


Then for my final plate I got some fruit, some more bacon, some more pesto tortellini and two cookies. This was a nice way to wrap up my time at the Bellagio, and the cookies were really good.


So although the Buffet at the Bellagio is indeed superior to most of the buffets on the strip, I cannot say that it is my favorite. That award would go to Wicked Spoon, but with that being said I still feel like it is a pretty good value.

The Buffet at Bellagio on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment