Friday, November 21, 2014

Waverly Restaurant - New York City



The Waverly Restaurant is a gem in the West Village.
Open 24 hours, they offer just about anything you could think of at any time of day!
I found myself there at about 4am after a night of heavy drinking.
(Thank God for auto-focus on my camera phone LOL)




I started with an order of Potato Pancakes with Sour Cream ($7.95)
Had I not been wasted and starving this would probably have been a full meal, however my intoxication told me that I needed more.




They offer several Greek dishes and since Moussaka is one of my favorites I usually order it whenever I see it listed.
($12.95, served with two sides)
For my two sides I got a Salad and Lentil Soup.
Both were good.




Then the Moussaka came out.
It was also pretty good, not the best I have ever had, but considering it was 4 in the morning and I could still get it I was not about to complain.




The portion size was decent, and although I should have been full by this point, I might have eaten a couple of my friend’s Silver Dollar Pancakes right off of her plate.
(The vodka made me do it)



From what I remember we had a great time and great food.
I hope I wasn’t too obnoxious to our server, that tends to happen when I have been drinking, however I feel like I basically behaved myself.
I would highly recommend going to the Waverly!

Waverly Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment