Sunday, November 16, 2014

Aki 36 Sushi West - New York City



We had just arrived in New York City, it was around noon and our hotel didn’t have any rooms ready yet so we dropped off our luggage and just walked around looking for a bite to eat.




We knew that at some point during our trip we wanted to get Japanese food, so when we came across Aki 36 Sushi West we decided to stop in for a sit down lunch.
The hostess took us through the restaurant and seated us in the back right by the Sushi counter where the chefs we busy at work.




We both decided to order off of the lunch menu.
They offer any two rolls for $10.95 (and it also comes with soup or salad)
I decided to order Vegetarian choosing a Broccoli Roll and an Avocado Roll with Miso Soup.
He ordered the Orange Chicken with a salad for $8.55.
The Miso soup was fine, but I realized that I don’t really like Miso Soup (too boring) when I tried his Salad and wished that I had order it instead.




I loved my Sushi though. It was really fresh (and no browning of the Avocado which was nice).



I also tried his chicken and it was also very good, it had great flavor and a bit of a kick.



Our total bill with a drink was just over $20 and we were very pleased that we had gone there. Plus if we wouldn’t have eaten anything else that was Asian during our trip it would have been ok (although we did end up eating some more later in the week).

Aki Sushi West on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment