Thursday, August 9, 2012

Five Guys Burgers and Fries


I remember the first time I ever heard about Five Guys Burgers. I was meeting a friend at the Brandon Town Center Mall just south of Tampa, and she told me to meet her in the Food Court at this new place that had amazing Burgers. I was early and so I was going to start without her, and even though I wasn’t really in the mood for a “Food Court” Burger I decided to give it a try. I could see right away why she had recommended it so highly. That was about five or six years ago, and ever since then Five Guys has taken over Orlando, popping up everywhere, and now everyone knows what they are and just about everybody loves them!




The ATMOSPHERE… Each location has a slightly different layout but they all have the same feel. Bright and spacious with plenty of tables and chairs (but they will still be packed at peak hours regardless of how big they are)
The SERVICE… Order and pay at the counter, then get your drink and condiments at the self-serve bar and wait for them to call your number. You can snack on the complimentary peanuts while you wait for your food to be prepared.
The FOOD… Although they do offer Hot Dogs and a few Sandwiches, what you really need to get is a Burger and Fries!

Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Bacon Burger, or Bacon Cheeseburger (They come as double Burgers, so if you just want a single you order it “Little”)
All the rest of your toppings are free (Mayo, Lettuce, Pickles, Tomatoes, Grilled Onions, Grilled Mushrooms, Ketchup, Mustard, Relish, Onions, Jalapeno Peppers, Green Peppers, A1 Steak Sauce, Bar-B-Que Sauce, Hot Sauce) and every Burger is custom made to order.


For the Fries there is no need to order a “Large” because the “Small” is still pretty big. In fact they fill your French Fry container and then pour more on top of that so the bottom of the bag always has plenty of extra. I’ve even shared a small order with another person and still had enough.




I have tried ordering Five Guys Burgers several different ways, but I find that my favorite way is just to get a Cheeseburger with Ketchup, Lettuce, Tomato and Pickles. That way you really enjoy the flavor of the Meat with the creamy Cheese, and the Lettuce, Tomato and Pickle give it just the right amount of crispy, fresh crunch!

So for those of you who have not had the pleasure of visiting Five Guys yet, my recommendation is that you go with a friend, share some Fries and each get a Burger with your favorite toppings. As far as “Burger Chains” go I would rank it right at the top and I would be a little surprised if you didn’t love it!


Five Guys Burgers and Fries on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this article, I really impress your work. Such a great knowledge you shared with us. If you want to Download the latest version of nfs heat cheats today, and entertain yourself with more fun and thrill with fewer efforts!

    ReplyDelete