Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Polonia - Hand Pounded Chicken Cutlet



I was a little skeptical about trying Polonia, but we were in the area and decided to take a risk. I usually go to Anna’s Polish Restaurant and it is one of my favorite places to eat. Not only did I feel a little guilty about eating Polish food from somewhere else, but I also figured that it couldn’t be nearly as good as Anna’s. I was wrong.


The ATMOSPHERE… Located in Longwood on 1792 near 434, as you walk in there is a counter where you can buy Sausages, Wines and fresh baked Desserts. Then to the right is the dining room, which has about 15–20 tables.
The SERVICE… It was our server Michelle’s first week there, but even being new she was very personable, knowledgeable, and did a great job.
The FOOD… Standard Polish menu items such as Piegori’s, Potato Pancakes, Kielbasa and Paprikash. All of their food is made from scratch and cooked to order.


My friend ordered a salad that was the daily special. It contained Spring Mix, Walnuts, Gorgonzola Crumbles, and fresh Strawberries with a pureed Strawberry Dressing. Although there was nothing about it that was super-special it was very fresh and the dressing was good.   


He also had the Piegori entrée, which contained 6 pieces of Cheese filled Pierogis with caramelized Onions on top. I believe he intended to just have the appetizer portion, but I gladly helped him finish them!



I ordered the Hand Pounded Chicken Cutlet and for my two sides I chose the Red Beets and Cucumbers in Creamy Dill. The (Very Large) Chicken Breast was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and served with a dollop of Herb Butter. The Beets were naturally sweet and at the same time almost savory, and the Cucumbers were cool and refreshing and tasted so good slathered in the creamy Dill Sauce. I really enjoyed my meal and would gladly order it again!



Then for Dessert we saw that they had a Coconut Peach Cheesecake in the case up front, so we decided to share a piece. We were glad we just got one because it was huge, enough for two people for sure, possibly three. It was really creamy and rich, but not too sweet. The fresh Peaches gave it a unique flavor and I cannot remember the last time I had a Dessert that I enjoyed this much. For my personal taste it was just the right balance.

So between my long-time favorite Anna’s Polish Restaurant and my new discovery Polonia I refuse to pick a favorite! Instead I would like to think that I now have two delicious dining options when I am in the mood for Polish Food!



Polonia Polish Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment