Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Tap Room at Dubsdread


Dubsdread has been a historic staple in Orlando since 1920 I believe. Located in College Park it has been a popular Golf Course and Banquet Facility, but they also have their restaurant side known as the Tap Room.



You can dine inside in their spacious dining room or sit on the patio and watch the golf carts drive by if the weather is nice.


They offer an array of Appetizers to choose from, but I always like to get the signature Tap Room Bleu Cheese Chips (Homestyle chips topped with Bleu Cheese Crumbles and Balsamic Glaze $8.50). The Chips are fresh, the Balsamic Glaze is sweet and there is so much Bleu Cheese that I find myself having to save some of the Chips to scoop it all up!



I have ordered the College Park Burger (Bacon, Avocado and Jack Cheese $12.50 plus $1 to substitute Shoestring Sweet Potato Fries) and I must say that it is quite good. The Bun is grilled and the Burger is fresh, and the Bacon/Avocado/Jack is definitely a winning combination!
 No frozen patties here.


Another standout dish that I have had from the Tap Room is the Caprese Salad with Blackened Chicken (Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil $12.25). This dish was recommended to me one time and I was delighted with its presentation, freshness, and flavor. For being a virtually carb-free meal not only was it hearty and delicious but it left me extremely satisfied!


I have also had their homemade Soups,


Enormous Flat Breads (big enough for several to share)


and a Baked Brie and Cheese Platter that is to die for.

Try the Tap Room at Dubsdread for a nice afternoon lunch or a romantic dinner, there is something on the menu for everyone. In my experience the service has always been good, the atmosphere is charming and you will be dining at a little piece of Orlando History.

Tap Room at Dubsdread on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment