Tuesday, October 30, 2012

RAGA


We recently visited RAGA for a birthday dinner. It is located in Restaurant Row on Sand Lake Drive in the former location of Antonio’s. It is on the second floor so once you ride up the elevator you will enter a space with magnificent ambiance, impeccable service, and delectable Indian cuisine.


The décor of Raga has sophistication and class. You can tell that they put a lot of work into it. They also have a semi-open kitchen, which to me is a very nice touch.
Our server was excellent and we had three additional members of the staff (including the Chef) come and speak with us. Let’s just say that the service at RAGA is Top Notch!

And then there is the Food!


We started with the Lemongrass Chicken Kabobs (Indo-Chinese, Skewered Prime Farms’ White Meat Chicken, Lemongrass, Galangal & Garlic $10)
We already knew that we were at a nice place, but when this first dish was delivered and we saw the presentation we knew that we were in for something special. The Chicken was tender and succulent and it was spiced perfectly.
Off to a good start!


We also had Rajkachori (Crispy Puffed Wafers, stuffed with Sprouts, Potato, Yogurt and Chutneys $6) This dish was both interesting and flavorful and we practically licked the bowl clean.



For my entrée I ordered Murgh Kathmandu (A Chicken Breast stuffed with Goat Cheese, Nuts, Fresh Herbs and Spices $18). Once this was delivered to the table I knew that I had made the right choice even before I tasted it. The presentation alone was beautiful. Although I couldn’t exactly pick out the taste of the Cheese or the Nuts in the puree that the Chicken Breast was stuffed with I can honestly say that it was absolutely delicious and I would highly recommend it. The Green Bean and Carrot Bundles (secured with a Leek) were also a nice accompaniment to the dish.


Along with our meals we also ordered a couple of different Clay Oven Baked Breads. Both of our selections were flavored with Onion and were very fresh.


One of the staff members had recognized me as a blogger from one of his previous restaurants, and because of this the Chef actually sent over a couple of complementary desserts. They were delicious and we would have gladly paid for them, however the gesture was very nice and appreciated.

(I write restaurant reviews because I enjoy it, not to get free food, and this did not influence me to write nice things because they were going to receive a stellar review regardless!)

If you are reading this because you are considering dining at RAGA I can honestly say that if you are ready for a top notch dining experience with delicious food then please give it a try. I would recommend checking out their website first so that you can plan what you want to order, however the servers will be happy to answer any questions and help you along the ordering process. You will also find that their prices are pretty reasonable for the outstanding food quality.

RAGA, I wish you success, and I hope to dine with you again in the future.


Raga Restaurant · Bar · Lounge on Urbanspoon

1 comment: