Monday, October 28, 2013

Highlander - Atlanta


My final stop of the “Dive Bar tour of Atlanta” was at The Highlander.
Indoor and Outdoor seating, local Art for sale, Pool Tables and an extensive Menu for “Bar Food”.


As we bellied up to yet another bar we started by ordering the Pasta-Rella Sticks (5 Mozzarella Sticks wrapped in Pasta and Deep-Fried, served with a side of Marinara $7.95)
Jesus these were good! The Pasta Wrapper made for a crispy-crunchy shell for the Oooey Gooey Mozzarella and the thick and chunky Marinara was really tasty as well.


Then for my entrée I went with a Burger, the Caprese Burger in fact. (Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Tomato, Fresh Basil with a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar and EVOO $8.95)
I ordered it with a Falafel Patty and for my side I had Corn Fritters.
Shortly after ordering I was told that they were out of falafel and so I switched to a Veggie Patty.
It still tasted pretty good (although I am still a little upset there was no Falafel Patty – I bet that would have been amazing). Not the best Veggie Burger but still decent, and the Corn Fritters were OK as well.


Overall I think I enjoyed my appetizer better then my entrée but the prices at the Highlander are good, the drinks have a nice pour, and I see why my friends go there as often as they do.

Highlander on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như mua máy đưa võng ở tphcm địa chỉ ở đâu uy tín.

    ReplyDelete