Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ria's Bluebird - Atlanta


My friend wanted to take me out for Breakfast and told me that we would be going to Ria’s Bluebird and that I should probably get the Pancakes because they were the best in town. Not one to argue with such a profound statement that is exactly what I did. It went a little something like this.

First of all we lucked out and were seated right away, which I was told was rare because there was often a wait (which is usually a good sign). Also on a side note our service was all around fantastic!
Ria’s is only open from 8am until 3pm daily, and there are only 7 or 8 tables, with a couple of spots at the counter and minimal outdoor seating.

The Menu is simple with interesting twists on classic Breakfast favorites (served all day) and some equally interesting Soups and Sandwiches for Lunch (served 11 – 3).
There are also several Vegetarian options for both Breakfast and Lunch.



I decided on the Short Stack of Buttermilk Pancakes (N.Y. Times called them the World’s Best Pancakes) hand-sifted, made from scratch, with Hot Maple Syrup ($4.25) and for an extra $1 I added Toasted Georgia Pecans.
With an additional side of Pine Street Market Bacon and Skillet Potatoes ($3.75 each) and a cup of Coffee ($2.50) I was good to go.


The Pancakes were indeed Magnificent (I don’t think I’ve ever used that word before, but I’ve already used the word “Fantastic” in this review, and “Magnificent” seemed just a little bit better). Fluffy on the inside – Crispy/Griddled to Perfection on the outside – with just the right amount of Butter and Syrup – It really don’t get much better then this!


The Bacon and Potatoes rounded it out to make a complete meal, however those “Cakes” were the true star.


My friend that brought me here also did it up right with the Fat Stack (3 Pancakes) with Eggs and Bacon on the side.


I’m so grateful for my friend suggesting and bringing me here.
I’m grateful to Ria for having such and awesome Restaurant (that is truly a smart and well-oiled machine)
and I look forward to coming back to Atlanta to get another healthy dose of Ria’s Bluebird!

Ria's Bluebird on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment