Thursday, March 27, 2014

Se7en Bites Bakery



Se7en Bites Bakery is located on Robinson and Primrose where Spooky’s Black Cat Café use to be. If you remember Spooky’s you won’t believe the makeover this building has had. Now it has a fresh, clean environment, and a definite feel of “Girl Power” as you walk through the door, however it is their food that has stirred up quite a buzz lately.
Only open for Breakfast and Lunch, their menu has some staples on it but also changes a little bit each day. They specialize in both Sweet (Cookies, Cakes and Pies) and Savory (Sandwiches, Scones and Breakfasts).

I hear complaints of how small their portions are and how high their prices are.
I see what they are talking about because it is almost $9 for one of their Chicken Pot Pies and it is rather small (I would guess 4 inches across), however I can also report that this is probably the best tasting Chicken Pot Pie that I have ever had. It was made with high quality ingredients (and lots of love – and Yes! You CAN taste that), and was so gosh-darn satisfying that I didn’t mind its small size.
This place is called Se7en Bites after all.





I have also had their Meatloaf Sandwich with Mashed Potato Schmear, which was also very unique and quite delicious.





I have had a couple of their Dessert Pies, and although they are very good they are a little too rich and heavy for my taste buds. For someone who is a true Dessert-Lover they would be in Heaven.





I would rather be on the simpler side of things and take home one of their Cookies. They still give me a nice sweet finish, but don’t seem to be such a commitment.


I do agree with some of my fellow reviewers of the slightly-too-high prices, however as with most things in life you get what you pay for. If you have a few extra dollars to spend then by all means go to Se7en Bites and enjoy (You will love the freshness and the homemade-ness of whatever you decide to order), but if you are going to complain about the prices then you would be better off staying home.



Se7en Bites Bake Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment