Friday, October 31, 2014

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament



Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament has been a successful tourist attraction for many years, and they have several locations across the country and even in Canada.
The Orlando location is on Highway 192 in Kissimmee and has been delighting audiences for as long as I can remember.





I actually had my first experience there recently and had a really nice time.
Although the sound quality is very poor and it is very difficult to hear what the actors are actually saying, the crowd still loves to cheer for their section’s team and the knights really do put on a good show.





There are no utensils and so everything is eaten with your bare hands.
You have your choice of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi or Water to drink.
It is a set menu and the first two items brought out are “Tomato Bisque” and “Castle Bread”.
Now I am certain that this is your basic “Campbell’s Tomato Soup” and a piece of frozen Texas Toast, but I also wasn’t expecting gourmet anything.




Next course was a Roasted Chicken, a BBQ Spare Rib, and an Herb-Basted Potato.
Although the little part of the Chicken that I did eat was very moist and tender, I just couldn’t eat very much of it and just picked at it a little bit.
(It’s a personal thing, Meat on the bone grosses me out)
The Spare Rib was the same thing – it had a nice flavor, but I barely ate any of it.
The Herb-Basted Potato was a joke. I don’t think any herbs were harmed in their herb baste, and it was dry and tasteless.



The Pastry of the Castle was my favorite thing of the entire meal. It was an Apple Turnover and actually tasted pretty good.



The ticket price is $62 and change, but is about $70 per adult by the time it is all said and done.
By no means should you go to Medieval Times for an amazing dining experience, however the show they put on is great and you will have a really good time.

Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I am also a burger lover, and you know recently I tried 8 layered burger at a famous Boston restaurants. I can’t tell you dear how much delicious it was. Perfect, and great combination of different sausages served with fries and drink. Worth trying.

    ReplyDelete