Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fuddruckers - Lunch Special


I haven’t been to a Fuddruckers in years. I remember when I was a kid I thought it was the greatest Burger place there was. I remember they served their Burgers plain, and then you would take them to the “toppings” bar and dress them yourself. I also remember they had this Cheese Sauce that you could top both your fries and your Burger with. Could it get much better then this?
I recently saw a sign for Fuddruckers’ $6 Burger and Fries Combo, and I decided to revisit this childhood favorite of mine.
Now that I’m grown and consider myself to be more of an expert on burgers with a more refined pallet could Fuddruckers still hold up today?



The ATMOSPHERE… Not quite as nice as I remembered, but I probably wasn’t paying that much attention to Atmosphere when I was a kid. They do still have a couple of video games for the kids, and the place is decorated with Elvis and Marilyn memorabilia.


The SERVICE… My memory served me well here. Order at a counter and listen for your name to be called, then pick up your “cooked to order” Burger and top it yourself.


The FOOD… Although they do offer Salads, Chicken Sandwiches, and some other Specialty Items, what most people order is a big, juicy Burger (1/3, ½, or 2/3 lb.)!
Then just like I remembered you top it Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Onion, Jalapenos, etc. Then top it with Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo, BBQ sauce or (my favorite) the Cheese Sauce.





I got my 1/3 lb. Burger, topped it with Cheese Sauce and Ketchup, then added Lettuce, Tomato and Pickles. It brought me back to when I was there has a kid (It is a great place for kids) however it was lacking in flavor and originality. The meat was fine, but nothing special. The toppings were fresh, but there were not that many options and nothing unique. The Cheese Sauce that I was so looking forward to was nothing you wouldn't find with Nachos at a Movie theater or Concession Stand.
I’m not going to say that it was bad, because it wasn’t. I’m just going to say that I think I have outgrown it. Take your kids there they will love it, and go for the lunch special because it is a great deal, but if you are looking for a really great Burger I would go somewhere else.
Fuddruckers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment