Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sweet Tomatoes


Sweet Tomatoes is a place that I have been going to for years. It is known as a Salad Bar restaurant, which sounds boring to a lot of people who think that a good meal has to be based around Meat, but I beg to differ.
 The ATMOSPHERE… Cafeteria style at the beginning where you build your own delicious Salad, then after that it is buffet style when it comes to everything else.
The SERVICE… It is pretty much self-serve around here, but there are servers who will assist and refill your drinks and the whole staff is quite friendly.
The FOOD… Start by building your perfect salad from an abundant array of ingredients or you may chose from several pre-made salads (I usually get some of both). Then select one (or more) of their delicious daily Soup selections, and complete your meal with Fresh Baked Goods, Pasta, or a Baked Potato.

They also have a Frozen Yogurt bar for a sweet finish.






When I am piling up my salad plate I usually start with a couple of the premade Salads, then build my own where I add things like Butternut Squash and Beets (There are so many items at Sweet Tomatoes that most salad bars do not offer).
I always save a little room on that first plate for a helping of the sweet and crunchy dish they call “Joan’s Broccoli Madness”.
Additionally I get at least one of the homemade Soups, and a couple of pieces of Whole Grain Bread. I always leave extremely full and satisfied!
  


Sweet Tomatoes on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment