Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bloodhound Brew Pub and Eatery


I had a friend recommend Bloodhound Brew Pub and Eatery so I met him there for a late dinner. We sat outside, the service was mediocre and our server seemed as though she couldn’t be bothered with us, and they were out of the first two beers that my friend ordered. As for the Food the Hound Shanks were moist and tender and fell off the bone.


. I ordered the Kinston Burger (10 oz. hand-pattied Burger grilled to perfection. Topped with Havarti Cheese, Brazed Pineapples, and Onion Straws. Finished with our homemade Pineapple BBQ Sauce. Served with Yucca Fries - $9.99) In theory this should have been delicious, however the Burger Patty itself was just not up to par. It lacked flavor and was dry. The Yucca Fries were pretty good, and I didn’t hate the entire Burger, so I didn’t want to completely give up on this place.




I had another opportunity to go there with four different friends. On this visit they were again out of several Beers (including Bud Light), so now both times that I have been to Bloodhound Brew their Beer selection has not been what it should be. This time although our server was very nice she couldn’t remember the specials or get our drinks right. I knew I didn’t want a Burger (however two of my friends did order Burgers and seemed to like them pretty well). I ordered the Fried Chicken and Biscuits (Hand battered, specialty seasoned and extra crispy Chicken Breast and handmade Biscuit on a stick, with White Country Pepper Gravy and Macaroni and Cheese $8.99). Now this was a really delicious meal! I was surprised for the low price that you got two Chicken Breasts and two Biscuits, plus the Mac and Cheese! Super crispy and well seasoned I ate every bite. Not sure if I will ever go back to Bloodhound Brew, but if I do I would definitely order this again.


So ultimately my thoughts on Bloodhound Brew are Food = Yes, Service = No and If you are going there to drink then you might have to come up with a second or third choice on beverage because chances are that they will be out of the Beer that you really want.

Bloodhound Brew Pub & Eatery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment