Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Vince Carter's - Create Your Own Burger

My parents spend a lot of time in Daytona Beach, and for a couple of years they have been telling me that some time when I am over that way I need to try Vince Carter’s. My first thought was, “Who is Vince Carter?” I am not at all a “sports” person and when they told me who he was I assumed that his restaurant would be a loud sports bar with mediocre food. I was wrong, very wrong.

This past Sunday I met up with them and we headed there for lunch. Skeptical of how busy it would be with the post-church crowd, they assured me that it was a big place and that we would be fine. As we pulled up I realized what a big place it was and I was excited to see what all the hoopla was about.




We walked in and the hostess asked if we wanted to be seated in the Sports Bar or the Dining Room. My Dad insisted on the Sports Bar so that he could see the game. To my amazement it was really comfortable with modern furnishings, a casual elegant feel, and plenty of high-end video screens to watch sports on, yet it was not too loud. In fact I have never been so comfortable in a sports bar in my life.




I excused myself to the bathroom and as I explored the place I saw that the Dining Room area was also very nice, the entire place has an upscale feel to it, even the bathroom was really nice. Vince Carter spared no expense on this place!




Our server came around and took our orders and brought us a complimentary Bread Basket. The Corn Bread was a little too sweet and the Rolls were a little too salty for my likings. (I’m not complaining – it was free!)



Being a Burger Lover I noticed on their menu that you could create your own “Hand Crafted” Burger for $9. Start with a half pound of certified Angus Beef and add any toppings that you like (For no additional fee, Can you believe this? Multiple choices of Cheese, Bacon, sauteed Mushrooms, etc… Again… at no additional cost). I thought this was great, and then the server asked if Fries were OK or would I prefer a different side? (I get a side too? Wow)

I decided to top my Burger with Bleu Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato, and for my side I got the Macaroni and Cheese.



The Burger was excellent! The Burger Patty was slathered in Bleu Cheese and the Bacon was crisp and delicious. It was very tasty and cooked perfectly to my likings.



The Macaroni and Cheese was also delectable. Five Cheeses, baked in an individual ramekin this was creamy and would have stood alone just fine as a main dish.



My Dad also ordered a Burger which he loaded with just about everything, and my Mom had a Breakfast Special that included Eggs, Home Fries, Bacon, Sausage and Fresh Fruit. They were both very happy with their meals, and there was even enough left over for them to take some home for later.
Three of us had an amazing lunch and we all left completely satisfied for just over $30. I was quite delighted at how elegant Vince Carter’s is, how low the prices were and ultimately how outstanding the food was! If you haven’t yet been, give it a try and see for yourself.

Vince Carter's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment