Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Little Greek - Gyro Pita


Little Greek is a chain restaurant that has about nine locations in the Tampa Bay area. I have been to one in New Port Richey before, but the other day I visited the one in Westchase.



They have quick counter service and although most people seem to get it “To Go” they do have several tables if you would like to dine in.


Their website describes the Food as a “Greek style menu with an American influence” and they offer Salads, Pitas, Sandwiches, Dinners and Desserts.
I love a good Gyro, and decided to get the Gyro Pita with a Greek Salad on the side ($7.74).


Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and Tzatziki Sauce cover the tender slices of Gyro meat that was sandwiched in the Pita Bread. I have definitely had better Gyros at sit down Greek restaurants, but for a place that was this fast it was actually pretty good.

The Greek Salad was not my personal favorite. I ordered it without olives, but I forgot that they put Potato Salad on there as well. Had I actually thought about it or read the description I would have had them leave that off as well. So me not liking it was my fault – Not theirs! And considering that it normally comes with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Onions, Olives, Pepperoncini Peppers, Green Peppers, Potato Salad topped with Feta and Beets – I feel that it is actually a quite generous Salad and a good deal for the money!


They also have a Dessert case with really tempting treats in it, I’m a little surprised that I didn’t order one, but the next time I’m in I probably will.
For quick, “On the Go” Greek Food, Little Greek is a good substitution for a Burger and Fries.

Little Greek Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment