Monday, September 10, 2012

Don Pablo's - Classic Fajitas


Don Pablo’s seems to get mixed reviews, but honestly for me it one of the most consistent Mexican chain restaurants. I feel like they have pretty good specials and pretty good service, and for me the food is also the most flavorful. Occasionally I frequent the location on International Drive.


The ATMOSPHERE… Very spacious with tons of tables and high ceilings
The SERVICE… On our last visit our server Diego was fast and efficient and the manager that came by to check on us was also very friendly
The FOOD… Fajitas, Quesadillas, Enchiladas and Tacos, there are also plenty of Tex-Mex items like Ribs and Steaks.


Their complimentary Chips and Salsa are pretty decent. The Chips are light and crispy, and their Salsa is very flavorful, but not hot! Perfect for my taste buds.


Usually for our starter we get the Queso Blanco Dip, it is creamy and has a little kick to it.


They also have Monday – Thursday Specials. Our most recent trip was on a Wednesday, so I decided on the Classic Fajitas (normally $12.99, but $9.99 with this Wednesday special) 


I chose the Chicken, which came out sizzling on a bed of grilled Onions and Peppers. It was also served with soft Tortillas and a side dish containing Lettuce, Pico, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Refried Beans and Rice.


I found that dipping the Tortillas down in the remaining Blanco Queso was a really tasty way to start out making each Fajita. I spaced out my Chicken Breast strips so that when it was all said and done I had eaten 5 different Fajitas (each one prepared a little differently). I left feeling very full and satisfied.

Although there were 5 Orlando Area locations at one point, there are now only 2 locations left. I’m unsure if they are doing well as a company, but I sincerely hope they make it because I feel that you get a pretty good value for your money.

Don Pablo's on Urbanspoon

1 comment: