Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tako Cheena


Tako Cheena (located on Mills ave.) is about to celebrate its One Year Anniversary!
I have been there many times and have enjoyed just about everything on the menu.



The ATMOSPHERE… This small space offers four seats at the bar and about 8 small tables. Art hangs on the walls and it is often packed.
The SERVICE… Fairly quick with a friendly staff
The FOOD… Standard Mexican dishes such as Takos, Burritos and Empanadas only with a cultural twist, the flavors are Thai, Korean, African, Indian, etc. I once heard someone describe Tako Cheena’s Food as “Brown meets Yellow” and that seems to be pretty accurate.


I usually get the Takos. (3 for $7.98) I really enjoy the Thai Peanut Chicken (with mixed Cabbage, Cilantro, Scallion and crushed Peanuts) and the Indian Yellow Curry Crispy Tofu (with mixes Cabbage, Cilantro, Celery and Scallions)
Sometimes I also get one of their ever-changing Empanadas ($2.35), which come with your choice of several Salsas (I like the Ginger Guava Salsa – sweet and flavorful with a slight kick).



On my last visit I got the Thai Panang Chicken Burrito (with Jasmine Rice, Bell Peppers, Basil and Peanut Sauce $7.98). It was really tasty and very filling.
If you haven’t been there yet and want to try something a little different that is reasonably priced then give Tako Cheena a try.
They are open for Lunch and Dinner, and they stay open late (4am) on Fridays and Saturdays!

Tako Cheena by Pom Pom on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment