Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Black Bean Deli, A Cuban Cafe



Winter Park’s Black Bean Deli has been a delicious, award-winning place to get Cuban Food for as long as I can remember. Located on Mills near Fairbanks they have a tiny location with extremely limited parking. They have just a couple of barstools for “Dining In” which means at least 90% of their business is “Carry Out”.
I have gotten food from there a handful of times over the years, but wish they had an actual Restaurant for the whole dining experience.
Well things have changed, and they just opened a second location on Colonial Drive – with tons of seating!!! Oh Happy Day!
This new location does not offer tons of parking either, however there is definitely more then Winter Park. There is also a Dollar Tree directly across the street that has plenty of available spots.
Upon entering you place your order at the counter and pay, you are then given a number and your food is brought out to your table.



There are about 12 tables inside, and there are also several covered picnic tables outside so there are plenty of seating options.


Now on to the food…
I have been to this location twice in the last couple of weeks.
On my first visit I ordered the Havana Pork Platter ($9.50). This is not a regular menu item but was the special that day and it sounded great. The Pork itself was super-garlicky, tender and delicious. It was also served with Black Beans, Yellow Rice, Fried Plantains and a Salad with a creamy and delicious House Dressing.
Everything was incredibly flavorful and I knew that it would not be long before I went again.




12 days later I went again and took a friend with me. I knew that he liked Cuban Sandwiches, and although I don’t particularly enjoy them I figured that they would offer the best in town (Sweet Ham, Roast Pork, Swiss Cheese and Pickles $6.25). It was very large and looked like it would be good. He really enjoyed it.


I ordered the Papas Rellenas (2 Fried Mashed Potato Balls, Rice, Black Beans, Sweet Plantains and Green Salad $8.50). You get Two Mashed Potato Balls and you can choose Ground Beef or Chicken.




I decided to get one of each to see which I preferred. I have had this dish at many different restaurants, and I would say that Black Bean Deli’s version did not disappoint. Although they were both really good, if I ordered this again I would get both Chicken because I liked that one just slightly better.


I have loved Black Bean Deli for a long time but have not been very frequent because of the non-convenient Winter Park location, however now that there is this second store I am hoping to be a little more of a regular patron.

Black Bean Deli & Cuban Café on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete