Thursday, April 3, 2014

Super Rico Colombian Bistro


I saw a Groupon for Super Rico Colombian Bistro and so I looked up their website. It appeared that they were a successful Food Truck turned restaurant, and seemed to be comparable to Junior’s Colombian Burger (which I enjoyed enough) so I decided to purchase the Groupon.
Located directly across from the Fire House on Central Ave. Downtown Super Rico takes up half of a store-front (and a Bar takes up the other half). Inside of this tiny space there is only three small tables, and just one outside (which is where we had to eat since the others were full).
Our food came out relatively quickly.

He had the Super Rico (1/3 pound Grass Fed Beef, Mozzarella Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Shoestring Potatoes, and Signature Sauces topped with a Fried Egg and Crumbled Bacon $7.50). It looked pretty good, and with the exception of not caring for the sauces he enjoyed it for the most part.


I had the Vegetarian Patacones (A pressed Fried Green Plaintain garnished with Hogao Sauce, Grilled Vegetables, and Queso Blanco $5). Although I did enjoy it, I missed the Meat and wished that I had spent the extra money for either Chicken or Beef. This being said this was still my favorite dish that I had.


We also split two things, the Yuca Fries ($4) and the Empanadas ($4).
Compared to other places that I have had Yuca Fries these were tasteless and dry, and the Sauce was rather bland as well.


The Empanadas were boring as well. I ate one and he ate one. We left the other one on the plate because neither of us wanted it.



So I am glad that I went, especially with the discount I received because of the Groupon, however I will not be back.
The good thing about this experience is that I have grown a better appreciation for Junior’s Colombian Burger.



Super Rico Colombian Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment