Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Bricks - Pacific Rim Pulled Pork





I had heard from several friends that the next time I’m in Tampa I should try The Bricks. People that know me seemed to think that this is the kind of restaurant that I would love, so on my last visit I made a point of it to see if they were right.
The ATMOSPHERE… Bar/ Restaurant/ Coffee shop located on 7th Avenue in YBOR City with local art on the walls and live music on certain nights.
The SERVICE… Our server was courteous and helpful, and our food arrived in the proper amount of time
The FOOD… They offer a wide variety of Beer, Coffee and Tea to sip on while you enjoy one of their unique Appetizers, Salads, or Sandwiches that are made up of an interesting combination of ingredients. They also serve “Specialty” Peanut Butter and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
There were three of us and so for an appetizer we decided to get the “Taste of the Bricks” (house-made hummus, house-made salsa, house-made black bean dip, vegetables, tortilla chips, pita slices - $12). Everything on this platter was fresh and delicious, and just the right amount for three people.
Then when it was time to order I had a Ginger Peach Tea ($2 – Delicious) and the Pacific Rim Pulled Pork (ponzu and coffee marinated roasted pork, asian slaw, Hawaiian sweet bread - $8) and my side was the Roasted Potato Salad. There were several other sandwiches that sounded good, but I’m glad I tried this one for my first visit. The Pork was tender and flavorful and made for a really nice sandwich. However the star of the show might have been the Potato Salad. I normally shy away from Mayonnaise-based Potato Salads, but this was a Sour Cream base, served cold and mixed with Bacon, Cheese and Chives, giving it a Loaded Baked Potato flavor! It was quite memorable! I would definitely go back to The Bricks and try some of the many other intriguing menu items.
The Bricks of Ybor on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment