Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hillstone - Hickory Burger




This was my first visit to Hillstone, however I use to go there quite frequently back when it was Houston’s. I understand that it is still the same company as before, they just changed the name at this Winter Park location. When I dined there previously I was not yet a Foodie, however I do remember that I use to order the Hickory Burger, and I also remember that they had really nice bathrooms. I found myself wanting a night on the town with an upscale restaurant, and so I decided to give it a try in hopes that I would enjoy it as much as I did in the past.
The ATMOSPHERE… The tables are stacked so that they all have a beautiful lake view, the lighting is a nice setting for a romantic evening, and the bathrooms are still really nice.
The SERVICE… Our server’s name was Sage and she was helpful and informative, and all of the other servers seemed to be equally efficient.
The FOOD… Sandwiches, Salads, Entrees ranging in price from $16-$35, and a full bar with a heavy emphasis on Wine
After seeing that the menu only listed a Burger that did not appeal to me I considered getting something else, however when Sage informed that I could get the Hickory Burger and that it was still featured on their lunch menu there was no other choice in my mind. (In-house ground Burger with grilled Canadian Bacon, house-made BBQ sauce, plenty of shredded Cheddar and diced White Onions, served on a Sesame Seed Bun $15) There were several side items to chose from, of which I decided on the sliced vine ripened Tomatoes served with torn Basil. Upon arrival at the table I was delighted, it was just as I had remembered! With the combination of the raw Onions, the mound of Cheese, and the savory slices of Canadian Bacon it made for a tasty trip down Memory Lane. Perhaps I had been a Foodie in training all along. I do think that $15 for a Burger is a little on the expensive side, however when you factor in that you are dining out in a great atmosphere at a higher end establishment I really think that you are getting a great deal. Thank you for the consistency!
Hillstone Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment