Thursday, December 29, 2011

Prickly Pear - Bison Burger





I had heard mixed reviews of Prickly Pear, however when they offered a Groupon of $40 for $20 I decided that was a pretty good deal. I looked on line and saw that they had some interesting Burgers.
The ATMOSPHERE… Located on the outskirts of Lake Eola, it occupies the building that was formerly Graze. Upscale and elegant it would be a perfect place for a date.
The SERVICE… Our server was excellent, very knowledgeable and helpful, and everything was timed perfectly.
The FOOD… The awning outside says “Cuisine of the American Southwest”. The menu consists of a little something for every palette, of which many of them have a little kick of spice. (If you are looking for Tex Mex, then go across the street to Mucho Tequila and Taco)
Ever since I first looked at the online menu I knew that I would be ordering the Bison Burger (Blue cheese, Caramelized Onions, Balsamic, Green Leaf Lettuce, Tomato - $13) I had previously had Bison, and was hoping that this would be as good as I had gotten in the past, however it turned out to be much better! The Burger was juicy and delicious, the fries were crispy (I couldn’t stop eating them) and they even came with Prickly Pear’s homemade Chipotle Ketchup.
Then I came to find that the night we were there the Burgers were already a few dollars off the normal price, so our entire bill (Two meals, and appetizer, a soda, a beer and a margarita) were all covered with our $40 Groupon. What a pleasant surprise! I highly recommend the Prickly Pear – Great for a date, and great for a Burger!

Prickly Pear - Fresh American Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment