Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Rusty Spoon - The 55





The Rusty Spoon is located in downtown Orlando on Church Street right next to the train tracks. I have read reviews of their “55 Burger” and decided to go and give it a try.
The ATMOSPHERE… a large bar, elegant furnishings, modern lighting and décor
The SERVICE… Upon entering at lunchtime we were immediately greeted by bartender/server Lisa, who continued to give us impeccable service throughout our meal.
The FOOD… Gastro Pub, American cuisine rooted in European flavors, locally farmed and grown ingredients, mainstay menu favorites and daily in season specials
I was here for one reason. I needed to try “The 55” (half pound of Grass-Fed Beef stuffed with Bacon and Gruyere, smothered with Onions, Rusty Aioli, House-made Pickles on a Soft Roll). The price was $14 but I had previously purchased a Groupon so it really only cost me about $7. I ordered mine well done and for my side item I selected Lisa’s suggestion of the Haystack.
Upon its arrival I was quite pleased with the presentation. After first bite I noticed that it was bright pink in the middle (I had ordered it well done), however just as I had thought this Lisa came over and told me not to be concerned with the pink because that was how it was suppose to look. She explained further that since the beef they use is always fresh and grass-fed that it has a much lighter pink color to it then other beef. As I took another bite I realized that what she was saying is true. Not only did she help me to enjoy this meal, but she also helped me to think about Beef quality wherever I dine, and to realize that a little pink is OK when you are speaking of Beef that is Fresh. Now back to this Burger, with every bite that I took I loved it a little bit more. The Beef was moist and delicious and I could definitely taste the Bacon that was stuffed inside. The cheese was melted, there were just the right amount of sautéed Onions, the house-made Pickles were crisp and tangy, and the Brioche Bun encased the Burger perfectly making it a unique combination of flavors.
I am usually not a fan of shoestring fries because they often get too cold too fast, however this huge cluster managed to stay warm until the end. (Not sure how the achieved that but it was noted and appreciated) The fries were also dusted with herbs and finely shredded cheese and served with homemade Ketchup. I might as well have licked my plate clean because there was absolutely nothing left on it when I was finished.
Although I received a discount, I would have gladly paid full price for this Burger. It was really that good. It looks as though they have many delicious and interesting items on their menu, but if I go back I will not hesitate to get the same thing again, and that is the sign of a really good Burger!


The Rusty Spoon on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment