Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best of 2011


For me it has been a great year of Burger Eating and Burger Reviewing!
When you write about a certain type of food over and over you really seem to pick it apart.
Previously I never paid any attention to all of the small details, nor did I realize what a big difference they can make in the overall Burger Experience.
I now know that I like my bun not to be too big, or too small, as well as I like it to be grilled. Prior to this project I never even gave it a second thought.
I also now realize how many different ways there are to make French Fries.
Also, the type and quantity of lettuce can make or break a Burger.
I am looking forward to a new year full of more and more Burgers, as well as other types of foods of course. I would not be surprised if I get into BBQ a little more, and also plan on doing some reviews of local diners in an attempt to find my favorite Breakfast in Orlando.
In closing I don’t want to necessarily name a “Top Five” Burgers.
(Graffiti Junktion would definitely be up there, and I haven’t even given them a proper review yet)
So instead I would like to give a little recap of some of the “Best Burger Experiences” that I had this year!


I had a great experience at Bahama Breeze in Tampa, I was with a fun group of friends which always helps, the Burger was amazing, and I was really pleased with the side item choice of fresh fruit with sorbet.


Who would have thought that a national chain like the Cheesecake Factory would have such a great Burger? Especially since I remember having a Burger there many years ago and didn't enjoy it at all, but with their new Gourmet Burger menu which included this Mac N Cheese Burger, I am looking forward to trying some of their other options!


The Rusty Spoon on Church Street not only provided me with this delicious, high quality Burger called "The 55", but they taught me a thing or two about fresh meat and the importance of local ingredients and grassfed Beef!


The Flying Star Cafe in Albuquerque, New Mexico allowed me to taste this delicious "Blues Burger" and gave me these awesome house made BBQ chips, which gave me very fond memories of my vacation.


and finally there is TEAK, my favorite local Burger and Fry combination.
I like to take new people there as often as possible and introduce them to their amazing Burgers!
and I am proud to use this photo of "The Germanator" as my profile picture!

Looking forward to another year of reviewing my favorite Burgers!
Happy Eating and Reading to all of you!
Florida Burger Lover


No comments:

Post a Comment