Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back Yard Burger - Bacon Cheddar Burger




I have often driven by Back Yard Burgers and wondered what they were like. Some of the people that I know of who have been there give it rave reviews, but others told me not to bother because it is not that great. I was in the area one evening and decided to give it a try.
The ATMOSPHERE/SERVICE… It is very similar to a Checkers. You can walk up and order your food and then eat it on a picnic bench, which is what we did, but most people seem to just drive thru!
The FOOD…A Black Angus Burger Combo is the popular thing to order, but they do also offer a variety of Chicken Sandwiches, Turkey Burgers, Hot Dogs and Root Beer Floats.
My friend and I each ordered the Bacon Cheddar Burger Combo (Angus Patty, Bacon, Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickle, Ketchup, and Mustard) with Waffle Fries and a Drink. It came to about $8 each with tax. The Burger itself was fine. The toppings were fresh and it tasted pretty good for a Fast Food Burger. The Waffle Fries were soggy and not worth mentioning. They do offer a punch card so once you have purchased 9 combo meals your 10th is free, however I just threw mine away because with so many better Burgers out there (even better Drive Thru Burgers) I know for a fact that I will not be going there enough times in the future to fill it up.
Not a bad place, just not good enough for me to go back.
Back Yard Burgers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment