Monday, January 16, 2012

Eastside Bistro - Black & Blue Burger




At a recent visit to Panera Bread at the Fashion Square Mall I saw that Red Star Tavern had closed (Thank God, I would never go there again) and that Eastside Bistro was in its old space. They had a menu posted and I checked it out and it looked decent, so a couple of weeks later when I was in the area I decided to give it a try.
The ATMOSPHERE… The inside hasn’t changed much from when it was Red Star, there is a large bar in the middle and different seating options around the bar or an outside patio.
The SERVICE… Standard and Friendly
The FOOD… Appetizers, Salads, Paninis, Sandwiches, Wraps, Burgers, Flatbreads and Entrees. The highest price thing on the menu is $17.99 (Baked Seafood Sampler), and overall their prices seem to be a couple of dollars less then similar items at comparable restaurants. They also seem to have some pretty good daily drink specials.
Since I had previously looked at the menu I knew that I would probably be getting the Black & Blue Burger (Blackened Burger topped with crumbled Blue Cheese). They had a couple of other Burgers to choose from on the menu or you could build your own. (All burgers served on a toasted bun with your choice of coleslaw, potato salad, chips, french fries or fruit - $7.99)
When we were there it was a Tuesday, and as we walked in the place we saw a sign that said $5 Burgers! Our server told us that the Tuesday special is Any Burger for $5 and $3 Pinnacle Vodka drinks. I was going to save $3 on my meal- this was a bonus! The Burger arrived and I was quite pleased with the presentation, it was loaded with Blue Cheese and the Blackening Seasoning was sprinkled on top. Overall it was a really good Burger, my only small complaint was that I thought the “Made in house” Potato Chips were slightly undercooked – another minute in the fryer and they would have been perfect! However, I was so pleased with the price that it made up for the chips. Next time I’ll just order them “Extra Crispy”! Something else I would like to point out is that I recently drove thru Burger King and my Burger and Fries were about $8, here at Eastside Bistro with the Tuesday special I got a delicious Burger, Potato Chips, the pleasure of being waited on and my car didn’t smell like grease for $5. You do the math.
Eastside Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment