Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gringos Locos - Double D's


Gringos Locos is an inexpensive restaurant in Downtown Orlando that specializes in “quickly prepared” Mexican favorites! I have been there several times for either a fast lunch or a late night “sober up before driving” experience!



They are open late and when the surrounding bars close there can be a long wait! I recently went there for lunch and the food was just as tasty

The ATMOSPHERE… Hole in the wall, has a dirty feel to it but is actually very sanitary
The SERVICE… Counter service similar to Chipotle or Moe’s, for the most part I have had friendly, helpful service
The FOOD… Mostly Tacos and Burritos, but with a touch of Empanadas, Nachos, Quesadillas, etc…



I usually get the same thing here… Two  Pork Double D’s (Hard and Soft Shell with Queso, Protein, Lettuce, Pico, Cheese and Sour Cream 2/$5.99) These are Gringos’ version of Taco Bell’s Double Decker Tacos except the hard and soft Shells are stuck together with Queso instead of Beans. They are also stuffed with ingredients that are far superior. I love the Roasted Pork from Gringos Locos, it is always crispy, yet tender and full of flavor.


I also tried the homemade Guacamole with Chips for $2.99, it was not bad, but it was also nothing special so I would probably pass on that the next time!


On this visit I knew what I was getting in to, but I had a guest with me who I consider to be the “Burrito Queen”. She love, love, loves Burritos! Every time I see her she usually has a Burrito in her hand, and I was curious to see what she thought of this place. She ordered the Drunk Gringo for $8.99, which has EVERYTHING in it! Beef, Pork, and Chicken, with All Possible Ingredients! I am pleased to report that she ate every bite, and although it was not the best Burrito that she has ever eaten, she still gave it her “Burrito Queen Seal of Approval”. I don’t think you could ask for too much more then that.


Gringos Locos on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment