Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cracker Barrel


Cracker Barrel is a place that I have gone to for years. I find that with every location I have been to the food quality and taste is consistent, the service is always fast and friendly and most importantly the cost is relatively inexpensive (for what you get).


Throughout several “busy” times there is often a wait, my last one was 20 minutes, however as we waited for our names to be called over the PA system we walked through the store and looked at the interesting gifts and nostalgic candies. Then we enjoyed a soda while we sat on the Cracker Barrel signature “rocking chairs”.
Our names were called, we were quickly seated, greeted and our food came out in a timely manner as always.


I ordered the Sunrise Sampler (Two Eggs, Grits, Sawmill Gravy, Two Buttermilk Biscuits, Fried Apples, Hashbrown Casserole, and Smoked Sausage, Country Ham and Thick-Sliced Bacon (one piece of each) $7.89).
I usually like to order this particular Breakfast plate because it gives me a little taste of everything. I also find that everything on it is pretty tasty. I guess my least favorite thing would be the Hashbrown Casserole. All my friends love it and often get a double order of it, so it must be a crowd pleaser, but for me it usually tastes a little bit dry. I really enjoy all of the meats and the Biscuits are pretty good, especially when they are slathered in either the Sawmill Gravy or Apple Butter!


They also seasonally have a Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake that is sinfully sweet and served with Ice Cream for $3 and change that takes me back to when I was a kid. I like to share it with someone because it is so rich.

So as far as chain restaurants go, when it comes to consistency and taste I would have to give Cracker Barrel a “thumbs up”!

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete