Saturday, July 7, 2012

Daily Eats - Black & Blue Burger


I was meeting some friends in Tampa for an early dinner, so I went on Urbanspoon.com to see where I could get a good Burger. Daily Eats was towards the top of that list, so I visited their website and decided I would like to give it a try. I asked my friends if we could go there, and I am very thankful that they said YES!


The ATMOSPHERE… Cross a quaint cafe with a “greasy spoon” diner
The SERVICE… Our server Trisha was incredible. She was charming and personable, with a quick sense of humor. She really helped make our visit perfect!
The FOOD… Breakfasts, Salads, Sandwiches and Burgers 


One of my friends and I got there first and decided to each get an appetizer while we waited for our third to join us. I saw that they had a $5 appetizer Mac-N-3’Cheese so I knew that I had to have it. When it arrived not only was I surprised at how large the bowl was, but the Macaroni portion were “Shells” and the Cheese Sauce was thick and creamy, with even more Cheese sprinkled on top. I was in Heaven, and this was only the appetizer!


Then as the other member of our party arrived and it was time to order my entrée there was really no other choice: I had to have the Black & Blue Burger! (Blackened Burger, Blue Cheese, Bacon, served with choice of Fries, Tots, Salad or Baked Beans $10)
Since I had already been decadent with the Mac-N-Cheese appetizer I decided against Fries or Tots and went with the Baked Beans.


“Excited” is the best word to describe the way I felt as I saw the Food being delivered to our table. The perfectly seasoned Burger was very fresh, the Bacon was thick and crispy, and it was covered in TONS of tangy, sharp Bleu Cheese that made my mouth rejoice with every single bite! It was honestly the best “New” Burger that I have had in a very long time. The side of Baked Beans was sweet and filled with big chunks of Bacon. Yum!




As if this weren’t already the perfect meal, I saw that they had several homemade treats for dessert including Cookies, Brownies and Blondies.
I asked Trisha if I needed one to go and she pointed out her favorite dessert bar and instructed me to take it home, heat it up, and serve it with Ice Cream. She was correct with her recommendation! Later that evening two of us split it and I must say that it was one of the most decadent desserts that I have had in a long time. Super sweet and rich, I was glad there were two of us eating it, otherwise it would have been too much.
In closing all I have to say is to go to Daily Eats immediately, and may you all have the great experience there that I did!

Daily Eats on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment