Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ruby Tuesday - Boston Blue Burger


I recall Ruby Tuesday having a really good Salad Bar. I use to go there all of the time but then the location I frequented went out of business so I just stopped going. I recently passed the one on Kirkman and decided to give it a try to see how they held up.
The ATMOSPHERE… Standard décor, table or booth seating, full bar
The SERVICE… Could be better, details below
The FOOD… Appetizers, Burgers, Pasta, Seafood, Chicken Steaks, Ribs, and their famous Salad Bar


When we first arrived for a late lunch there were only two other tables occupied. There also seemed to be only one server, which seemed fine at this time. The bad part was that although I’m sure she was not bad at her job, the place kept filling up and by the time we left there were about ten tables, and as you looked around you could see people’s anger building, two tables complaining and one table even got up and left. The manager was helping run the food, but still they could not keep up.
We were not in a hurry, and although it did take a long time for our food to arrive, I am going to hope this is not a regular practice of theirs and I will continue to review the food.

Under their Handcrafted Burgers section I ordered the Boston Blue Burger (topped with Blue Cheese Crumbles, Crisp Onion Rings, and House-Made Barbeque Sauce and served with Two Sides - $10.99) I love that they are served with TWO sides! I chose Fries and for a $1 upcharge I got their Mac-N-Cheese. Their Salad Bar was NOT an option as a side, so I also busted the additional $2.99 for that.





The Salad Bar was a few items shy of what I recall use to be on there, however it is still good and they do offer options that don’t automatically come on your basic Salad Bar such as Pasta Salad, Apple Salad and Edamame.






Then the Burger arrived with a stunning presentation! The fries were just OK, but the Mac-N-Cheese was cheesy-gooey goodness. The Burger was pretty decent, not the best by any means but it did have decent ingredients and I especially like the Whole Wheat Buns that they use.

With the exception of this visit’s understaffed service, I must say that the food portion of the experience was pretty good. My only real problem with everything was that with my portion of the bill (Before tip) was almost $19, and I feel like I can get just as good a meal (or better) for a much cheaper price at several other establishments.

Ruby Tuesday on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment