Saturday, July 14, 2012

Yellow Dog Eats


I’m just going to start out by saying that Yellow Dog Eats is my favorite restaurant!
The true test of a good restaurant is when not only do you want to go back again and again, but you also want to take friends so that they can try it too. As I am trying to think of how many people I have currently taken there I am at 15, and I bet by the time I have posted this it will be even higher.


Located in the middle of a quiet neighborhood in Gotha (16 minute from Downtown Orlando) this house-turned-in-to-a-restaurant has become a place that I have awakened from a deep sleep with anxious cravings of Yellow Dog’s creations!


The ATMOSPHERE… In a word…Eclectic! Purchase bottles of Wine or Homemade BBQ Sauce while looking at photos of Dogs (from customers) pasted all over the walls. The owner named Fish might be walking around to check on your food or crack a joke.


The SERVICE… Order at the main counter (line can be very long at peak times) and wait for your name to be called. After getting your food dine either INSIDE on graffiti-filled wooden tables (try upstairs if the first floor is full) or OUTSIDE in the beautiful Patio on stone picnic tables.


The FOOD… Great BBQ, Pulled Pork and Gourmet Sandwiches, Vegetarian and Vegan with Gluten-Free Options. They offer a “Special” sandwich of the day, as well as a soup or two and some amazing side items. Then top it off with one of their extremely decadent locally made Desserts!




Their Pulled Pork is hard to beat, and I have found that I cannot go there without having either the PULLED PORK SALAD (A bed of fresh greens, grape tomatoes, red onions, scallions, carrots, tangy bleu cheese, fried onions, cucumbers and dikon sprouts topped with a hearty serving of our famous pulled pork and Fish’s Citrus-BBQ sauce $12.95),




BLUE SUEDE SHOES (Our smooth pulled pork topped with tangy bleu cheese, crispy bacon, thin sliced scallions and red onions served on a soft bun. This would make Elvis proud $9.95)





or MR. SMOKEY (Our pulled pork with wonderfully smoked pineapple, fried onions, crispy bacon and heavenly BBQ sauce on a soft bun $9.95)
There is just something about the combination of the Succulent Pork and Fish’s Citrus BBQ Sauce that is completely addictive!


Your sandwich will come with a bag of Chips and their sweet and delicious Slaw, but I also highly recommend getting an additional side item such as their Pesto Tomato/ Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Glaze or the Spicy Roasted Potatoes.


One time I even had a Burger with Bacon and Bleu cheese that was the “special of the day” and it was also outstanding!


I have yet to eat something there that I did not enjoy!
Everyone that I have ever taken there has loved it, and they all seem to want me to take them back again and again. I can’t think of a nicer thing to say about a place, and there aren’t many others that I have ever said that about.
If you are still reading this, then stop and go there right now.
I insist!

Yellow Dog Eats Café on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment