Friday, June 7, 2013

Pei Wei Asian Diner


I have enjoyed Pei Wei ever since my first visit several years ago. They offer a variety of Asian Cuisine that is both affordable and unintimidating to diners that are not too familiar with this type of food.
You order at the counter and then your food is delivered to your table. The atmosphere is nice but very casual. My understanding is that this is the “fast food” version of P.F. Changs and that it is all the same company but I’m not completely sure if that is true.
I have tried many of their items and have enjoyed most of them.


Their Vegetable Spring Rolls (Cabbage, Ginger, Carrots, Celery, Scallions, Onions, Black Mushrooms, Glass Noodles, rolled in a crispy wrapper 2/$3.95) sounds like a lot but are really just average. The Sweet/Spicy Dipping Sauce is good, but there is nothing special about the Spring Rolls themselves.


But their Honey Seared Crispy Chicken (Honey Garlic Sauce, Chile Oil, Rice Sticks, Scallions, Red Bell Peppers $8.35) is really delicious. I find the quality of the chicken to be good and the portion size to be generous.
 

A couple more things that I really like from Pei Wei is their Chai Tea (traditional Black Tea with a hint of Cinnamon Spice Vanilla). It is so addictive and I usually have at least one refill!


And I also love the fact that you can get several Fortune Cookies as well!


Pei Wei is good food at a moderate price. They offer so many varieties of different dishes that there is definitely going to be something for everyone.

Pei Wei Asian Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment