Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Smith - Upper West Side


I was speaking with a friend of mine who lives in New York City, and he said that while I was visiting I needed to go to The Smith. He told me that this is his favorite restaurant and he loves it because they use local ingredients, their prices are reasonable and that everything on their menu is delicious. With a recommendation like that I had to check it out.


We actually ate there three times in the four days we were in town. We had Breakfast twice at the Upper West Side location (The other location I will save for a separate review). When we visit New York we like to take advantage of going to tapings of morning shows like Live with Kelly and Michael and The Chew, so we found this location to be super convenient to those studios.


The décor is charming and the place is spacious. You are greeted with bottles of both still and sparkling water, and then for Breakfast hours they bring around Cheddar Chive Biscuits, which make an interesting start and makes you anxious for your meal to come.



My Dad ordered Pancakes (Whipped Ricotta, Toasted Pecans, Salted Caramel Sauce $12) and loved it. I also had a few bites (because the portion was huge and he could only eat about half) and I thought it was really delicious.


My Mom had Eggs with Home Fries and Apple Smoked Bacon ($12)
And I had the Mushroom Omelette (Wild Mushrooms, Garden Herbs, Fontina, Home Fries $12)


The Omelette was so delicious – although I didn’t taste the herbs I was quite pleased with the quantity and quality of the Mushrooms and the Cheese. The Home Fries were also really tasty and overall this was quite a hearty ooey gooey Breakfast that left me completely fulfilled.



A couple days later when we dined there for the second time my Dad ordered the same thing he liked it so much, but this time I ordered what my Mom had the previous time… Yum!


This time she ordered the Oatmeal (with Seasonal Market Fruit and Nuts $10).
Again the portion was huge and she could only finish half but took the leftovers home and had it for Breakfast the next day!


All in all I love this place. Great Food, Great Prices (especially for New York City) and Huge Portions!


The Smith on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment