Friday, May 16, 2014

Toasties - New York City


I always stay at Radio City Apartments on 49th Street when I visit New York. On this last visit I noticed that a new place called Toasties has opened up next door.


I went in to check it out and noticed that they have a “Build Your Own” Salad Bar where you pay per topping and then they will “Chop” it all up and dress it for you.


First you choose your Greens then add your toppings. The toppings range in price from 50 cents (Beans, Broccoli, Tomatoes, etc) to $2 (Chicken, Turkey, Shrimp, etc).


Then they “Chop” it for you and add one of their many Dressing options.


The portions are large and the prices are very reasonable.
They also offer Soups, Entrees and Made-To-Order Sandwiches.


We ate from there twice while we were in town, each getting a large salad and then eating off of it throughout the day.

My first Salad had Avocado, Walnuts, Tofu and Blue Cheese Dressing! Mmmmm!


My second visit my Salad had Grilled Chicken, Corn, Feta and Ranch.


I also had a cup of Tomato Florentine Soup that was really delicious!


We were really glad to have Toasties next door and I’m already excited about going back on my next visit!

Toasties on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment