Thursday, August 18, 2011

Crave - PB & J Burger






CRAVE is a chain with four locations in Minnesota, one in Nebraska, and now for almost a year and a half we have a location here in Orlando, FL, near the Millenia Mall. In the description on their website they are “a dining experience where quality, locally sourced food, chic atmosphere, and diverse choices offer guests the opportunity to create their own unforgettable dining experience”. I’m not really sure what that means.
THE ATMOSPHERE – Smart décor choices, a very spacious layout, a kitchen in which you can see your food being prepared, and you can wear anything from a shirt and tie to shorts and a T-Shirt. The bathrooms are nicely done as well.
THE SERVICE – My experiences have always been with friendly, personable servers. Don’t go to CRAVE for a quick lunch though, because sometimes you can be there for quite some time.
THE FOOD – Sushi is what they are known for and rated highly on, but they have a wide variety of choices and monthly specials. Mondays are “Burger Night” and they offer about ten different gourmet Burgers to choose from.
Me being a Burger Lover decided to give this night a try. I had been there three or four times before, and once on “Burger Night” but on this particular visit I noticed that the Burgers and options had changed. I asked both the Hostess and the Server what their favorite Burger was, and they both said the PB & J Burger. I had previously eyed it on the website menu and decided to give it a try. The description… thick, chunky peanut butter, grape jelly, crispy bacon $10.95, it sounded delicious! The menu said that all burgers come with green leaf lettuce, tomato and red onion and are served with natural cut fries, upon asking the server if the PB & J Burger came with lettuce, tomato, onion she replied “I don’t think so” which was a delight to me because I didn’t want it on this burger. I upgraded my fries to “Truffle Fries” which was about $3 more. Sadly, when the food arrived… there was the lettuce (shredded btw, not green leaf) tomato and onion L The server did say she would gladly take it back, however I decided to just pick off as much as I could and give it a try. The peanut butter was neither thick nor chunky (and there wasn’t nearly enough of it on the burger), and the bacon was floppy (not at all crispy), however both the beef and the bun were perfect. Even with all of my complaints, it did have a pretty good taste and I managed to eat every bite (I was starving). When I added up the price of my burger, the “truffle” upgrade, an Iced Tea and tip, my portion set me back about $20. The Burger was not everything I had hoped it would be, but our server was so nice that it made up for it.
Sunday brunch is definitely a reason to visit CRAVE, and if you are a Sushi fan then give it a try, but should I go there again I will most likely order something other then the PB & J Burger. Great in theory, but not so great in execution.

Crave on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment