Tuesday, August 2, 2011

TEAK Neighborhood Grill - CAPRESE BURGER


TEAK NEIGHBORHOOD GRILL sits nestled in a neighborhood in Metro West, not far from Kirkman and Metro West Blvd.
The Atmosphere – Sports Bar meets Neighborhood Bar! Spacious inside, but even more spacious outside! On an afternoon or evening with nice weather outdoor dining is a must!
The Service – a friendly staff and management, it is obvious that the people in charge of the menu know what they are doing. Mondays from 5pm until 10pm the whole menu is half price (except for burgers) and they always pour a double Pinnacle Vodka cocktail for $5 All Day, Every Day.
The Food – Delicious Starters, Salads and Flatbreads (all under $10) Entrees, Sandwiches, Desserts (all with large portions and reasonable prices)
It’s really just best to view their menu on their website, I have thoroughly enjoyed everything on the menu that I have tried.
And moving on to the Burgers…. they offer 10 or 11 to chose from including the BRAZILIAN (with sliced ham, a fried egg, crispy potato strings, provolone and ranch dressing), the SWEET HAWAIIAN (grilled pineapple, sweet baby ray’s BBQ sauce, pepper jack and grilled onions) and the HEART-A-TEAK (full pound of angus beef, bistro sauce, 9 slices of cheese, 12 slices of bacon, fried mozzarella, fried onion ring, bean-less chili, and jalapenos smothered in melted nacho cheese sauce)
For those who are up for a Burger competition they offer the TWIN TEAK TOWER CHALLENGE (Two HEART-A-TEAK Burgers side by side, finish both in 45 minutes and its FREE)
Now on this particular visit I wanted to order what I had on my very first visit to TEAK, the CAPRESE BURGER. Half pound certified angus beef, fried mozzarella, think sliced tomato, balsamic reduction, and pesto topped with lettuce $9.95 (with your choice of signature garlic bistro fries, potato chips, onion rings, coleslaw or side salad)
Now if that description wasn’t enough, and the photo weren’t enough, then let me try to describe it a little further. All burgers begin with the Beef, so lets start there… I personally love a well done burger, and I feel like if the place knows what they are doing and uses a good quality of meat that they can serve a burger that is completely cooked through AND have it remain juicy and tender. That is exactly what TEAK does. Thick sliced tomato and just the right amount of lettuce combine perfectly with the pesto and the balsamic reduction giving this burger a well balanced flavor profile. On to the cheese, Imagine a thick slab of Mozzarella (almost as big as the burger patty itself) coated in panko and fried until crispy! Then sandwich it all in between a locally baked brioche bun that is just sturdy enough to keep it all together, but not so “bready” that all you taste is bun! Viola! The perfect Burger!
Served next to it is TEAK’s signature Garlic Bistro Fries. Perfectly seasoned, very garlicky, very delicious, they are served in abundance, and it is very difficult to not eat them all and lick the plate clean.
Although this Burger is gigantic, almost too large to fit in my mouth, I did manage to eat just about all of it, and I must say that ever since the first time I had this Burger, I have thought about it quite often, and I am so glad that I went back and had it again. I was just as impressed on this last visit as I was the very first time I stepped foot into TEAK!

No comments:

Post a Comment