Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hanan Mediterranean Gourmet - Gyro Combo



Hanan Mediterranean Gourmet sits in a strip mall on Lee Road between Edgewater and I4. Thankfully a friend had suggested it because otherwise I never would have seen it or stopped in, but as you will see I’m glad that I did.
The ATMOSPHERE – Clean, Plain, No Frills
The SERVICE - Order at counter, they make it for you, and you either eat it there or take it to go
The FOOD – Gyros, Grape Leaves, Hummus, Greek Salad, Baklava
There is not an extensive menu, in fact when I walked in the place I intended on giving it a mediocre review at best. I love a good Gyro so I figured that is what I would order but I assumed that it was not going to be that great. The guy shaved the meat and then placed it on the griddle, I noticed that the portion was pretty generous. I decided to get the combo, which included a Greek Salad and a Can of Soda. Thrilled when the total was $7.99, I put a dollar and the penny in his tip jar, and was delighted to put the other dollar in my pocket (Imagine that, a whole meal for under $10, when is the last time that happened?). Now here is where it gets good – As I took my first bite of the Gyro I thought “This is really delicious, way better then I expected”. The more I thought about it I realized that it is probably in the top three Gyros that I have ever eaten. The meat was juicy and well seasoned, the Tzatziki Sauce was fresh, and the Tomatoes and Onions were perfectly placed inside the Pita. I ended up having to “knife and fork” it because it was so big. Nicely accompanied by the Greek Salad, it ended up being a wonderful meal, and an even more wonderful value!

Hanan Mediterranean Gourmet on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. “Congratulations d! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.”


    mediterranean gourmet

    ReplyDelete