Friday, August 26, 2011

Fiddler's Green Irish Pub and Eatery - Ulster Burger




Fiddler’s Green is an Irish Pub and Eatery that has been located in Winter Park for as long as I can remember. I was going to be in the area and decided to look under “Burgers in Winter Park” on Urbanspoon, and to my surprise this was at the top of the list. I had been there before for some Sheppard’s Pie and a Beer, but never thought of a Burger, and with this high placement on the list I decided to give it a try.
The ATMOSPHERE – Your classic Irish Pub feel with a lot of local history (only larger then most Irish pubs with several different rooms to accommodate the crowds)
The SERVICE – Moderate for Lunch, Crowded for Happy Hour and Dinner, I’ve always had adequate servers when I have been there
The FOOD – Beer, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Beer, Fish and Chips, Beer, Bangers and Mash, and a whole lot of Beer
They have four Burgers to chose from and I decided on the Ulster Burger $8.50, Premium Burger topped with imported Irish Bacon and Cheddar Cheese. Upon its arrival I was visually a little disappointed, the “Irish” Bacon looked just like “Canadian” Bacon (not a bad thing, but also not was I was expecting and not what was pictured on the website) I liked the fact that the Burger was kind of oblong and was hoping that it would be delicious, however it lacked luster and was pretty bland, leaving me feeling a little let down. There was nothing special about the quality or flavor of the Beef, Bun, or Toppings, however the “Potato Wedge” style fries were pretty good. Now that I am comparing one Burger place to another, not only am I harder to impress, but I am also looking for a “Wow Factor” which Fiddler’s Green did not have. Go there for a Beer or some Irish Food and you will love it, but to simply go there for a Burger you might want to give it a little more thought. I wonder why it was at the top of the Urbanspoon list for Burgers



Fiddler's Green Irish Pub & Eatery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment