Saturday, August 13, 2011

Keller's Real Smoked Bar-B-Q - Beef Lunch




Keller’s Bar-B-Q offers real smoked meats inspired by family recipes from the “Florida Everglades”. There are three locations, but the one that I go to sits in a strip mall right next to Wal-Mart on 434 near 436 in Altamonte Springs.
The Atmosphere – Although the location is tiny, they have done a fantastic job of maximizing the space. The place is decorated with a cow print theme, and the floors in the bathrooms are very slippery – so please watch your step.
The Service – The waitresses wear cut-off jean shorts and tight T-shirts and are very friendly. The food comes out pretty fast, even when it is busy. Seating is limited so expect a wait between noon and 1pm.
The Food – My kind of Bar-B-Q, Beef, Pork (pulled, sliced or sloppy), Chicken, Turkey and Ribs. If you like Sides, then you are in luck. Many places simply offer Fries, Cole slaw and Baked Beans, but Keller’s also offers Green Beans, Mac N Cheese, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, or a House Salad as your options.
What I like to get is the Beef Lunch ($8.99). The meat usually comes out a little too pink for my liking (It is smoked, so it is definitely fully cooked – just a personal preference). I always have them throw my portion on the grill to brown it up a bit, and they always do this for me without any problem. One of my favorite things about Keller’s lunch specials are that they come with THREE sides and TWO pieces of Garlic Bread. What a Bargain! I take my Beef and make a Sandwich with some of their homemade sauce (sweet and delicious), and usually get the Baked Beans (house speciality), French Fries (basic crinkle cut) and Mac N Cheese (made with sharp cheddar, it is really cheesy and very comforting). If it is one of those days where I can’t eat everything it's OK because it re-heats well, however I usually manage to clean my plate. You will leave smelling like you are coated with a thin layer of Bar-B-Q sauce, but if you ask me that is NOT a bad thing!
Keller's Real Smoked Bar-B-Q on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment