Thursday, April 26, 2012

Celebrity Delly - The Bogie Burger




I have been driving by the Celebrity Delly and Pizzeria (although I don’t recall Pizza even being on their menu) for years, in fact I vaguely remember having breakfast there about twelve years ago. I was passing by and decided to stop in and see if it looked familiar.
The ATMOSPHERE… Definitely has not been updated since I was there last. Very late ‘70s, early ‘80s.
The SERVICE… Fast, Efficient
The FOOD… I would call it more of a diner then a Delly. (Shouldn’t it be spelled Deli anyway?) Burgers, Sandwiches, Breakfasts. Most of which have a famous Movie Star name.
I decided on The Bogie Burger (Chopped Sirloin served with slices of baked Ham and Provolone Cheese topped with our savory Blue Cheese Dressing on a Kaiser or Onion Roll - $7.25)
I wasn’t asked which bun I would like, but I was asked how I wanted it cooked. It came out quickly which was a good thing, because the more I looked around at the drab dining room the more I realized this was probably not going to be a Burger that I even wanted to review. As I took my first bite I was pleasantly surprised that the Burger patty itself was actually thick, juicy and delicious. The rest of the ingredients were sub par. (Not a big surprise) The Ham portion was generous but not that tasty, both the Bun and the Blue Cheese Dressing were underwhelming and the Fries were frozen from a bag, slightly undercooked and simply dusted with seasoned salt. They never claimed to be a Five Star restaurant and I do think there is a time and place for everything, I just don’t think that this is the place for me. 
Celebrity Delly on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty chuyển phát nhanh quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete