Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pubbelly


I was recently in South Beach with a friend who lives there now, and he insisted that we go to Pubbelly because it was where all the locals went swearing that the food was “Dynamite” and that I would love it!



The ATMOSPHERE… tiny, quaint, with one of the greatest bathrooms I’ve ever been in, and did I mention the place is tiny?
The SERVICE… I have read reviews where the service was lacking, but my experience couldn’t have been more different. Our server was courteous and helpful, and our food arrived very efficiently. We did arrive right at 6pm when they opened, and it was packed by the time we got our food, so maybe other complaints were because it was so busy (but that’s the sign of a successful restaurant in my opinion)
The FOOD… Pubbelly is an Asian inspired Gastro-pub style restaurant. The portions are small. Oder a couple for yourself, or get several and share.


I ordered the Pan con Tomate Bread ($2.5), which was chewy and delicious.


I also got the Heirloom Tomatoes (Soft Tofu, Amazu Ponzu, Blueberries - $11), which was cool and refreshing, yet unique and interesting.


Last but not least, I ordered the Brussels Sprouts (Bacon Miso, Sea Salt - $7). (Here goes my rant) This was by far the best thing that I have eaten in a long time! It has been over a month since I actually dined there, and I have thought of this dish every day since. Large fresh Brussels Sprouts with Bacon pieces slathered in a thick, rich, sweet-yet-salty sauce. It was so good! I am tempted to take the 4 hour drive back down to Miami just to get several more orders! I have been to great restaurants and knew that I enjoyed my meal but cannot remember what I ordered, but this was one of those experiences where in 20 years I will still be able to remember “that time I was in South Beach at Pubbelly and had the Brussels Sprouts”. My suggestion is that when you read this that you make plans to go and try them for yourself. That is all.

Pubbelly on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment